It is essential to understand just how widespread domestic violence is to put an end to it successfully. In fact, domestic violence is a severe issue that is more prevalent than many would think. At Creative Family Solutions, Cianci Law, PC we see the value of educating individuals on the facts surrounding domestic violence in the United States. The more people are aware, the more they can help themselves and their loved ones in these situations.
What You Should Know
These shocking statistics will help you understand just how common domestic violence is across all genders.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced physical violence in their lifetime.
- Nearly 20 people every minute are victims of intimate partner violence. This means that yearly, 10 million men and women are abused.
- Every day, over 20,000 phone calls are made to domestic violence hotlines.
- Domestic and partner violence accounts for 15% of violent crimes.
- There is a correlation between domestic violence, depression, and suicide.
What You Can Do
While this information is shocking, there are things you can do to help.
- Use social media as a platform to educate others. Share this blog and other informative web pages with friends and family, helping them learn about the severity of domestic violence in America.
- Offer physical or financial support to organizations. During the month of October, you may have initiatives in your community pushing for domestic violence awareness. Get involved in any way that you can!
- Support survivors. This is perhaps the most important part of domestic violence awareness month. Act as a pillar of support to those that you know are going through domestic violence. Take the time to educate yourself and learn what you need to know.
Creative Family Solutions, Cianci Law, PC is Here to Help
If you or a loved one needs assistance in divorce and has experienced domestic violence, we can compassionately help you navigate the process. We are dedicated to providing you with the help, support, and understanding that you deserve.
Contact our team today at (916) 797-1575 to schedule an appointment for a consultation! We are here for you.